Connecticut Hockey conference (CHC)
The Connecticut Hockey Conference (CHC) is the governing body for USA Hockey in Connecticut. CHC consists of 40 (approx) youth hockey organizations throughout Connecticut. These local organizations make it possible for thousands of young hockey players to have the opportunity to enjoy amateur hockey at many different levels. CHC provides the structure and the means for boys and girls age 4 to 19 to learn the necessary skills to play the sport of hockey. In order to further ensure the development of our players, CHC also provides training for coaches and officials.
As we are all well aware, hockey is a competitive sport. CHC organizes this states roughly 775 teams into levels according to age group. These teams compete during the season in their appropriate levels and are ranked by a staff of CHC officials. Each level is structured to help meet the needs of the youth player.
· INITIATION - Learn to skate programs
· RECREATIONAL - B/C level travel teams and In-House
· COMPETITIVE - A/B level travel teams
· SELECT - Tier 1 and Team Connecticut
To foster the competitive spirit, CHC provides year end tournaments. These tournaments give many of our young hockey players a taste of tournament play and fosters the desire to strive for the next level.
USA Hockey - Youth Hockey
USA Hockey, Inc. is the national governing body for the sport of hockey in the United States. As such, its mission is to promote the growth of hockey in America and to provide the best possible experience for all participants by encouraging, developing, advancing and administering the sport.
ACFYHA follows the USA Hockey core values of:
Sportsmanship- Foremost of all values is to learn a sense of fair play. Become humble in victory, gracious in defeat. WE will foster friendship with teammates and opponents alike.
· Respect for the Individual- Treat all others as you expect to be treated.
· Integrity- We seek to foster honesty and fair play beyond mere strict interpretation of the rules and regulations of the game.
· Pursuant of Excellence at the Individual, Team and Organizational Levels- Each member of the organization, whether player, volunteer of staff, should seek to perform each aspect of the game to the highest level of his or her ability.
· Enjoyment- It is important for the hockey experience to be fun, satisfying and rewarding for the participant.
· Loyalty- We aspire to teach loyalty to the ideals and fellow members of the sport of hockey.
· Teamwork- We value the strength of learning to work together. The use of teamwork is reinforce and rewarded by success in the hockey experience.
Board of Directors (BOD) shall ensure that the business and affairs of Avon Canton Farmington Youth Hockey Association are conducted in accordance with the ACFYHA By-Laws & Policies and Procedures Manual. In general, the BOD supports a position of open access to ACFYHA members and shall give full consideration to the affairs brought to its attention by any member.
The BOD shall:
· Determine the general policies with respect to the organization, administration and operation of Avon Canton Farmington Youth Hockey at all levels
· Provide for the development of players, coaches, referees and officials where applicable.
· Consider questions brought in written form before it with dispatch and with due consideration of the opinions of the petitioner
· Have the power to fill by appointment any office of vacancy which may occur between annual meetings or as a result of the failure of an annual meeting to elect a full slate
· Have the power to suspend or discipline any player, team official, league representative, team follower, parent or ACFYHA member for conduct in contravention of ACFYHA policies and procedures, as well as those of the CHC and USA Hockey and league associations which govern rules of play
· Members of the BOD shall hold office until their successors are duly elected, re-elected or appointed. The slate of Board of Directors and their terms of office shall be listed in Article 4 of these regulations
· Have the power to rescind, alter or add to its main Policies and Procedures Manual at routine or special meetings. Such a resolution must be passed by a majority of not less the 2/3 (two-thirds) of the ACFYHA BOD, and a minimum of 2 (two) weeks notice has been provided concerning the nature of changes
To hold player or coaching membership in the ACFYHA, one must complete and submit all valid ACFYHA registration forms in a timely manner that allows the ACFYHA Registrar sufficient time to process and submit all appropriate forms to the CHC.
The membership shall consist of those youths who participate directly in the youth hockey program and their immediate guardian(s), team coaches, committee members and designated team and league volunteers. Members will elect up to five (5) BOD position annually at the Annual General Meeting.