AVON HOCKEY COACHING AND VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
All Coaches, Managers and Board Members must complete the following steps to ensure compliance with all USA Hockey and Avon Hockey policies.
1. Register with USA Hockey. A fee is applicable for all individuals over age six. Must be completed each year.
Registration for the upcoming season opens in April and must be completed by all coaches, managers and board members each year. USAH numbers are valid for the season from April 1 through March 31, not the calendar year.
To confirm your current USA Hockey registration and USA Hockey number, visit the link above and select, “Request Duplicate Registration Confirmation.” The Avon Hockey Register cannot access your USA Hockey account or confirm your USA Hockey status.
2. Register with Avon Hockey. No fee. Must be completed each year.
Select the appropriate registration category, either Coach Registration or Manager/Volunteer/Board Member registration and complete the online process. Your USA Hockey number from step one (above) will be required.
3. Submit for a background screening through USA Hockey. A fee is applicable. Must be completed every other year.
Using the link above, you can initiate a new background screening or request the status of your requested background screening. Note, background screenings can take between 7-14 days, please complete this step early to avoid registration delays.
4. Complete the Safe Sport Core Training or Refresher Course. No fee. Must be completed each year.
Everyone must complete either the Safe Sport Core Training (first year) or Safe Sport Refresher Course
(following years) each year.
5. Coaches Only - Complete the required USA Hockey Age Specific Coaching Modules for the level of play you are coaching. A fee is applicable. Must only be completed once per age level. Must be completed PRIOR to participating with your team or being placed on a roster. Age Specific Coaching Modules are available from April 1-December 31 each season.
Login through the USA Hockey Coaches portal then click the link for Age Specific Modules.
6. Coaches Only - Complete the CEP coaching certification clinic i.e. Level 1,2,3 etc. Fee and timing vary by level. Coaches can only attend one clinic per season and all coaches start at Level 1. You can take clinics from April 1-December 31 each season. Must be completed by the end of the calendar year (December 31st).
To confirm your current level and expiration date (if applicable), visit https://cepsearch.usahockey.com