26th Annual Thanksgiving Tournament
November 27, 2020 – November 29, 2020
· Each team will play a minimum of three (3) Cross Ice Games
· USA Hockey Certified referee for each game
· Championship game for Mite A, Mite A1, and Mite B divisions
· Trophies and Medals for top two teams
· 4 skaters vs 4 skaters plus 1 goalie for each team
· (2) 20-minute running time periods with one-minute intermission between periods (2 minute warmup period prior to 1st period)
· Horn blows every 90 seconds for shift changes. Shift changes should be done quickly.
· If a player is injured, BOTH GAMES and Game Clock will be stopped.
· Face offs - At the start of each period; after each shift change and to resume play after an injury stoppage. All Face-offs will be conducted at the center ice spot for each game.
· After a goal is scored or the goalie covers the puck, puck is dropped behind the net and the opposing team backs up to center ice to allow break out.
· Penalties - If a player commits a penalty, the penalized player will be sent to the bench and will be replaced immediately. NO POWER PLAYS. Clock will continue to run.
· Two points for a win, one point for a tie will be awarded in round robin games.
· Teams will be seeded for the championship games based on point totals earned in round robin play. Ties will be broken using the Tournament Tie Breaker Rules.
CHAMPIONSHIP – TIE BREAKER:
· In the case of a tie after regulation in the championship or consolation games, the teams will skate a sudden death period for 4 minutes. Overtime will be 2 vs 2 plus goalies. The horn will blow after two minutes to allow for a shift change. If game remains tied after 4 minutes, a sudden-death shoot out will be used to determine the winner. The Teams will alternate shots until a winner is determined. No player can be used in the shootout a second time until all skaters from that team have been used once.